To provide theoretical and practical training for undergraduate, post graduate students and students/ radiographers or imaging diagnostic trainees of Universiti Putra Malaysia.
Department of Imaging plays a pivotal role to jointly offer the Medical Doctor Programme with other clinical departments in the faculty. More information regarding the Medical Doctor Programme offered by the faculty can be accessed from the Academic Programme website.
1) SPP3222: Introduction to Medical Imaging (Year 1)
2) SPP3522: Urinary System (Year 1)
3) SPP3532: Cardiovascular System (Year 1)
4) SPP3542: Respiratory System (Year 1)
5) SPK3011: Early Clinical Experience (Year 1and 2)
6) SPP3511: Musculoskeletal Module(Year 2)
7) SPP3561: Endocrine Module (Year 2)
8) SPP3591: Problem Based Learning (Year 1 and 2)
9) SPK3924: Introduction to Radiology (Year 3)
10) SPK3941: Paediatrics Radiology (Year 4)
11) SPK4212: Advanced Medicine (Year 5)
12) SPK4313: Advanced Surgery (Year 5)
The course encompasses the basics in different imaging modalities which include radiation hazards and protection, the aspect of examination procedures, their clinical indications and contraindications. It also covers the interpretation of both normal and abnormal radiological images.
Department of Imaging offers two research degrees:
These programmes are thesis-based and the field of studies are mainly :
• Applied Medical Informatics and Radiology of Female Disease
• Image Processing and Computer Aided Diagnosis
• Forensic Radiology
• Interventional Radiology
• Nuclear Medicine
• CT and MRI Cardiac
• Pediatric Radiology
• Applied Physics (Dosimetry)
Updated:: 02/01/2015 [noramaliza]
Dean's General Office
Level 3, Administration Building,
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences,
43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor Darul Ehsan.