The Orthopedic Department was formerly known as the Orthopedic Unit under the Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UPM. However in 2006 the unit was accorded a department status. Currently the department is made up of several units in such as Hand & Microsurgery, Sports Surgery, Arthroplasty, Spine and Pediatrics. The Department is located in the Faculty of Medicine & Health Science Serdang campus.
Presently the department is running the following undergraduate programs:- Orthopedics Senior Orthopedics (SPK4912) and Introductory Orthopedics (SPK3914). In 2013 the department started to offer post-graduate program namely Master of Surgery (Orthopaedics). The program's main objective is to produce Orthopedic specialists to meet the high demand of public and private sector.
Apart from undergraduate teaching , service and community work, members of the department are also involved in postgraduate teaching and research.
Previous Head of Department
Head Of Department : Prof Dr. Manohar Arumugam
Head Of Units :
1. Hand And Microsurgery Unit : Prof Dr. Sharifah Roohi Syed Waseem Ahmad
2. Orthopeadic Paediatric Unit : Prof. Madya Anand Sobhraj Devnani
3. Sport Surgery Unit : Dr. Paisal bin Hussin
4. Advance Trauma Unit : Dr. Ashraf Hakim bin Ab Halim
5. Arthroplasty Unit : Dr. Fahrudin bin Che Hamzah
6. Spine Unit : Dr. Khairuddin bin Kandar
7. Foot And Ankle Unit :
8. Sport Medicine Unit :
Updated:: 08/08/2018 [noorhidayati]
Dean's General Office
Level 3, Administration Building,
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences,
43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor Darul Ehsan.