LIST OF PUBLICATIONS FOR DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHIATRY
- Chaudhry, Z., Talib, M. A., Awang, H., & Ahmad, S. O. (2016). Resilience among Malaysian Adolescent Cancer Patients and their Caregivers: A Review. Cancer.
- Phang, C. K., Chiang, K. C., Ng, L. O., Keng, S. L., & Oei, T. P. S. (2016). Effects of brief group mindfulness-based cognitive therapy for stress reduction among medical students in a Malaysian university. Mindfulness, 7(1), 189-197.
- Fernandez, A., Tan, K. A., Knaak, S., Chew, B. H., & Ghazali, S. S. (2016). Effects of Brief Psychoeducational Program on Stigma in Malaysian Pre-clinical Medical Students: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Academic Psychiatry, 40(6), 905-911.
- Jamal, S. N., Moy, F. M., Mohamed, M. N. A., & Mukhtar, F. (2016). Effectiveness of a Group Support Lifestyle Modification (GSLiM) Programme among Obese Adults in Workplace: A Randomised Controlled Trial. PloS one, 11(8), e0160343.
- Mohan, S. N., Mukhtar, F., & Jobson, L. (2016). Protocol for a between-group experimental study examining cultural differences in emotion processing between Malay and Caucasian adults with and without major depressive disorder. BMJ open, 6(10), e012774.
- Phang, C. K., Phang, C. K., Mukhtar, F., Mukhtar, F., Ibrahim, N., Ibrahim, N., ... & Mohd. Sidik, S. (2016). Mindful Attention Awareness Scale (MAAS): factorial validity and psychometric properties in a sample of medical students in Malaysia. The Journal of Mental Health Training, Education and Practice, 11(5), 305-316.
- Phang, C. K., Mukhtar, F., Ibrahim, N., Keng, S. L., & Sidik, S. M. (2015). Effects of a brief mindfulness-based intervention program for stress management among medical students: the Mindful-Gym randomized controlled study. Advances in Health Sciences Education, 20(5), 1115-1134.
- Ang, C. S., Talib, M. A., Tan, K. A., Tan, J. P., & Yaacob, S. N. (2015). Understanding computer-mediated communication attributes and life satisfaction from the perspectives of uses and gratifications and self-determination. Computers in Human Behavior, 49, 20-29.
- Phang, C. K., Mohd Sidik, S., Naing, K. O., Jan, N., Mukhtar, F., Ismail, S. I. F., & Ibrahim, N. (2015). Prevalence of psychological stress among undergraduate students attending a health programme in a Malaysian University. Pertanika Journal of Science & Technology, 23(1), 29-35.
- Tan, S. T., Sherina, M. S., Rampal, L., & Normala, I. (2015). Prevalence and predictors of suicidality among medical students in a public university. The Medical Journal of Malaysia, 70(1), 1-5.
- Yee, A., Yassim, A. R. M., Loh, H. S., Ng, C. G., & Tan, K. A. (2015). Psychometric evaluation of the Malay version of the Montgomery-Asberg Depression Rating Scale (MADRS-BM). BMC psychiatry, 15(1), 1.
- Lim, H. K., Teh, H. C., Lim, L. H., Lau, J. K., Kee, C. C., Ghazali, S. M., ... & Thomas, L. T. (2014). Smoking among Secondary School Students in Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia-Findings from a Cross-Sectional Study. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention: APJCP, 16(11), 4563-4570.
- Maideen, S. F. K., Sidik, S. M., Rampal, L., & Mukhtar, F. (2015). Prevalence, associated factors and predictors of anxiety: a community survey in Selangor, Malaysia. BMC psychiatry, 15(1), 1.
- Periasamy, U., Sidik, S. M., Rampal, L., & Ismail, S. I. F. (2015). Outcome of chemotherapy counseling by pharmacists on psychological effects and self esteem among oncology patients in a Government Hospital in Malaysia.Med J Malaysia, 70(3), 131.
- Jensen, M. P., Adachi, T., Tomé-Pires, C., Lee, J., Osman, Z. J., & Miró, J. (2015). Mechanisms of hypnosis: toward the development of a biopsychosocial model. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, 63(1), 34-75.
- Choon, M. W., Abu Talib, M., Yaacob, S. N., Awang, H., Tan, J. P., Hassan, S., & Ismail, Z. (2015). Negative automatic thoughts as a mediator of the relationship between depression and suicidal behaviour in an at‐risk sample of Malaysian adolescents. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 20(2), 89-93.
- Mahdawi A, Awang H, Taghizadeh ME, Isazadeh S, Samkhaniyan E, Kamran F (2015). Compare styles for encounter to stress, life expectancy and scale of hardness in patients stricken to AIDS and MS. Der Pharmacia Lettre, 7(8), 98-102.
- Zulkefly, N. S., & Wilkinson, R. B. (2015). Measuring Specific Attachment Relationships of Mother, Father and Peer in Malaysian Adolescents. Child Indicators Research, 8(4), 767-788
- Yang, F., Tan, K. A., & Cheng, W. J. (2014). The effects of connectedness on health-promoting and health-compromising behaviors in adolescents: Evidence from a statewide survey. The journal of primary prevention, 35(1), 33-46.
- Hock, L. K., Ghazali, S. M., Cheong, K. C., Kuang, L., Kuay, L. H. L., Ying, C. Y., ... & Ibrahim, N. (2013). Correlates of susceptibility to smoking among secondary school students in Kota Tinggi district, Johor, Malaysia. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 14(11), 6971-6978.
- Maideen, S. F. K., Sidik, S. M., Rampal, L., & Mukhtar, F. (2014). Prevalence, associated factors and predictors of depression among adults in the community of Selangor, Malaysia. PloS one, 9(4), e95395-e95395.
- Ang, C. S., Mansor, A. T., & Tan, K. A. (2014). Pangs of loneliness breed material lifestyle but don’t power up life satisfaction of young people: The moderating effect of gender. Social indicators research, 117(2), 353-365.
- Lan, H. K., Subramanian, P., Rahmat, N., & Kar, P. C. (2014). The effects of mindfulness training program on reducing stress and promoting well-being among nurses in critical care units.
- Lim, K. H., Jasvindar, K., Normala, I., Ho, B. K., Yau, W. K., & Mohmad, S. (2014). Risk factors of home injury among elderly people in Malaysia. Asian Journal of Gerontology & Geriatrics, 9(1), 16-20.
- Hock, L. K., Ghazali, S. M., Cheong, K. C., Kuay, L. K., Li, L. H., Huey, T. C., ... & Mustafa, A. N. (2013). Prevalence and Factors Associated with Smoking Intentions among Non-smoking and Smoking Adolescents in Kota Tinggi, Johor, Malaysia. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention: APJCP, 15(10), 4359-4366.
- Maniam, T., Marhani, M., Firdaus, M., Kadir, A. B., Mazni, M. J., Azizul, A., ... & Ani, A. N. (2014). Risk factors for suicidal ideation, plans and attempts in Malaysia—Results of an epidemiological survey. Comprehensive psychiatry,55, S121-S125.
- Foo, X. Y., Alwi, M. N. M., Ismail, S. I. F., Ibrahim, N., & Osman, Z. J. (2014). Religious commitment, attitudes toward suicide, and suicidal behaviors among college students of different ethnic and religious groups in Malaysia. Journal of religion and health, 53(3), 731-746.
- Nasrin Matinnia, Ibrahim Faisal, Muhammad Hanafiah Juni, Abdul Rahman Hejar, Babak Moeini, Zubaidah Jamil Osman. (2014). Fears Related to Pregnancy and Chidlbirth Among Primigavidae Who Requested Caesaran Versus Vaginal Delivery in Iran. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 18(8)
- Osman, Z. J., Mukhtar, F., Hashim, H. A., Latiff, L. A., Sidik, S. M., Awang, H., ... & Othman, N. (2014). Testing comparison models of DASS-12 and its reliability among adolescents in Malaysia. Comprehensive psychiatry, 55(7), 1720-1725.
- Wai, C. M., Talib, M. A., Yaacob, S. N., Pei, T. J., Awang, H., Hassan, S., & Ismail, Z. (2014). Hope and its relation to suicidal risk behaviors among Malaysian adolescents. Asian social science, 10(12), p67.
- Yakub, N. W., & Sidik, S. M. Prevalence and Contributing Factors of Job Strain among Crane Operators in a Port Container Terminal in Malaysia.
- Qadir, M. S., Rampal, L., Sidik, S. M., Said, S. M., & Ramzi, Z. S. Prevalence of obesity and associated factors among secondary school students in Slemani City Kurdistan Region, Iraq.
- Ibrahim, N., Osman, Z. J., Jan, K. O. N. N., Ismail, S. I. F., Kar, P. C., Mukhtar, F., & Sidik, S. M. Reliability and Factor structure of the General Health Questionnaire-12 among university students
- Oei, T. P., Sawang, S., Goh, Y. W., & Mukhtar, F. (2013). Using the depression anxiety stress scale 21 (DASS-21) across cultures. International Journal of Psychology, 48(6), 1018-1029.
- Phang, C. K., Sekvakumar, K., & Ang, J. K. (2013). A case of clinical vampirism in Asia. Malaysian Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences, 9(1), 87-89.
- Ibrahim, N., Hussin, N. S., Awang, H., Ismail, S. I. F., Amir Shapuddin, F., Aziz, R., ... & Rampal, L. (2013). Sound HIV knowledge and common misconceptions about HIV among university students. Malaysian Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences, 9(1), 29-34.
- Yong, H. W., Zailina, H., Zubaidah, J. O., & Saidi, M. (2012). The Relationship between Workplace Stressors and Job Strain with Psychological Distress among Employed Malaysian Breast Cancer Survivors. Journal of Cancer Therapy, 3(05), 680.
- Nik Jaafar, N. R., Mislan, N., Abdul Aziz, S., Baharudin, A., Ibrahim, N., Midin, M., ... & Sidi, H. (2013). Risk factors of erectile dysfunction in patients receiving methadone maintenance therapy. The journal of sexual medicine, 10(8), 2069-2076.
- Lim, K. H., Ibrahim, N., Ghazali, S. M., Cheong, C., Kee, K. K. L., Chan, Y. Y., ... & Sidek, S. M. (2013). Stages of smoking cessation among malaysian adults-findings from national health morbidity survey 2006. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 14(2), 805-810.
- Zakaria, H., Jaafar, N. R. N., Baharuddin, A., Ibrahim, N., & Midin, M. (2013). Motor neurological soft signs among patients with schizophrenia: A clinical significance. Sains Malaysiana, 42(3), 381-388.
- KH Lim, K Jasbindar, I Normala, BK Hoo, WK Yau, S Mohamad, WY Lai , MS Sherina (2013). Risk factors of home injury among elderly people in Malaysia .Asian J Gerontol Geriatr. 2013(8)
- Azhar MZ(2013) Positive emotions in Treatment of Depressive Patients. Malaysian Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences. 9(1)1-2
- JO Zubaidah, AR Hejar, YW Lim, KT Chin, Z Muhd Aizuddin, Z Muhd Hazeman, I Normala, MA Muhd Najib(2013) Pain interference Level and its effect on patients' quality of life and depression: A study on Breast Cancer Survivors in Hospital Kuala Lumpur. Malaysian Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences.9(1)45-54
- A Rozali, A Zakaria, MS Sherina, M Muhd Amin, MT Mohd Ghazali, MS Muhammad Ello, S Samiran, S Samsuddin, K Yaakop (2013). Death from Malaria Infection in a Military Personnel after a Peace Keeping Mission. Malaysian Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences. 9(1):83-85
- Ang, C. S., Mansor, A. T., & Tan, K. A. (2014). Pangs of loneliness breed material lifestyle but don’t power up life satisfaction of young people: The moderating effect of gender. Social indicators research, 117(2), 353-365. Yong HW, Zailina H, Zubaidah JO, Saidi M, Yong HY, Zalilah MS (2013).The relationship between psychological distress with salivary α-amylase and stress related symptoms among breast cancer survivors. Health. 5(4):811-816(IF:0.24)
- Baharudin, A., Mislan, N., Ibrahim, N., Sidi, H., & Nik Jaafar, N. R. (2013). Depression in male patients on methadone maintenance therapy. Asia‐Pacific Psychiatry, 5(S1), 67-73.
- Tan, S. M. K., Jong, S. C., Chan, L. F., Jamaludin, N. A., Phang, C. K., Jamaluddin, N. S., & Shah, S. A. (2013). Physician, heal thyself: The paradox of anxiety amongst house officers and work in a teaching hospital.Asia‐Pacific Psychiatry, 5(S1), 74-81.
- Plakiotis, C., Barson, F., Vengadasalam, B., Haines, T. P., & O’Connor, D. W. (2013). Balance and gait in older electroconvulsive therapy recipients: a pilot study. Neuropsychiatric disease and treatment, 9, 805.
- Fang Yang, Kit-Aun Tan, Wendy J.Y Cheng (2013). The Effects of Connectedness on Health -Promoting and Health -Compromising Behaviors in Adolescents : Evidence from a Statewide Survey. J Primary Prevent.10(2013)(IF:1.533)
- Azhar, Z. M., Zubaidah, J. O., Norjan, K. O., Zhuang, C. Y. J., & Tsang, F. (2013). A pilot placebo-controlled, double-blind, and randomized study on the cognition-enhancing benefits of a proprietary chicken meat ingredient in healthy subjects. Nutrition journal, 12(1), 1.
- Ang, R. P., Tan, K. A., & Mansor, A. T. (2010). Normative beliefs about aggression as a mediator of narcissistic exploitativeness and cyberbullying.Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 0886260510388286.
Updated:: 20/09/2016 [azlinda_upm]