Research remains one of the important aspects in our department. Lecturers in the Department of Surgery are actively conducting studies related to their main field of interest. Some of the researchs that are ongoing:
- Robotic Assisted Radical Prostatectomy-Developing the Learning Curve in a Low Volume Center. Researcher: Dr. (Mr.) Khairul Asri Mohd Ghani. To evaluate the learning curve of performing Robotic Assisted Radical Prostatectomy in a low volume center.
- Wound Infection Following Stoma Reversal: A Prospective Comparative Study Between Primary Closure and Partial Closure with Intervening silver dressings. Researcher: Dr. (Mr.) Ong Kheng Wah, Dr. Nik Qisti Fathi.
- Robotic Assisted Radical Cystectomy (RARC) and Pelvic Lymph Node Dissection (PLND) by Laparoscopic Naive Surgeons. Analysis of The Learning Curve From a Single Malaysian Center. Researcher: Dr. (Mr.) Khairul Asri Mohd Ghani.
- Pan Retinal Photocoagulation (PRP) Study: Comparison of Retinal Nerve Fibre Layer (RNFL) Thickness Changes for Diabetic Retinopathy Using Argon Laser versus Multispot Pattern Scanning Laser (PASCAL). Researcher: Dr. Maimunah Naim.
- Effect Compartment Equilibrium Rate Constant for Sevoflurane During Induction of Anaesthesia. Researcher: Prof. Dr. Lim Thiam Aun (RUGS Grant).
- Interaction Between Profofol and Etomidate: Effect on Dose Requirements and Haemodynamic Response. Researcher: Prof. Dr. Lim Thiam Aun (RUGS Grant).
- Predicting Neck Abcess with Contrast Enhanced Computed Tomography in Comparison with Management Outcome. Researcher: Prof. Madya Dr. Sethu Thakachy Subha.
- Ano-coccygeal Support in the Treatment of Idiopathic Chronic Posterior Anal Fissure: A Prospective Non-Randomised Controlled Pilot Trial. Researcher: Dr. (Mr.) Tikfu Gee, Dr. (Mr.) Raja Badrul Hisham, Prof Madya Dr. (Mr.) Mohd Faisal Jabar, Prof. Dr. Yunus Gul Alif Gul.
Updated:: 28/03/2013 [m_hasrul]